Let’s be honest: the pandemic has made everyone’s fuses a little shorter. To be honest, laundry probably isn’t at the top of your priority list these days.
Instead of letting laundry pile up in the corner and feeling a creeping sense of anxiety over the mess, get laundry delivery. You don’t have to outsource laundry every week, but it’s a great resource for the times when you just can’t think about the wash.
Obviously, you’re paying someone to do laundry for you when you get laundry delivery. If you’ve never outsourced your laundry before, you probably have a lot of questions about the process and payment. So, how does the process work? How much can you expect to pay? … And how do you know if it’s actually a good deal?
Here’s a breakdown of what we charge for laundry delivery services, why it costs what it does, and what you get for the money.
What we charge for The Laundry Room’s laundry delivery
Okay, so here’s the thing: other laundry services will charge you a separate fee for pickup and delivery. With the other folks, you’ll pay $6 – $15 for delivery on top of the cost of your laundry.
We don’t agree with that. The Laundry Room rolls all of our prices into your per-pound rate to keep things simple and affordable.
The Laundry Room includes pickup and delivery on every order, as long as you meet our 15-pound minimum. Just pay $1.50 per pound of laundry when you go with us. So, at a minimum, you’ll pay $22.50 to have your laundry picked up and delivered with our laundry delivery service.
(By the way, that’s the most affordable rate in all of Orlando because it includes pickup and delivery!) If you find a better price with our level of service tell us and we’ll match it.
With real-time text and email updates, contact-free delivery, and next-day options, you get a lot for your money when you outsource with The Laundry Room.
And if you use our services often, we encourage you to sign up for The Laundry Room Loyalty App. Like most businesses, we want to reward you for your loyalty, so you can save even more. Get access to insider-only specials, rack up rewards points, and even earn free washes with the app.
Why does laundry delivery service cost that much?
Maybe you saw the $22.50 price tag and thought, “Psh! I’ll just wash my work shirts myself!”
You’re more than welcome to DIY it, but in reality, the cost of laundry delivery service is often cheaper than doing it yourself.
Don’t let the price tag scare you: you get a lot for the money. Curious why laundromats price their fees this way? It comes down to a few factors:
- Employees: Hey, we’ve got employees to pay! That’s why other laundry services charge you a separate delivery fee, which covers their drivers’ pay. But we don’t like tacking on extra charges, so that’s why delivery is always included for free.
- Quality of the wash: It takes time to sort your clothes correctly. It also costs more money to use high-quality detergents, dryer sheets, and fabric softeners.
- Customer service: The Laundry Room always has an employee on-site to answer any of your questions or assist you.
If you’re thinking that isn’t worth the money, think again. Laundry delivery service can actually be very economical.
The average person does 300 – 400 loads of laundry every year, which is about 1 load of laundry per day. If we’re being honest with ourselves, it takes about an hour to do your laundry from start to finish. That’s 300 – 400 hours a year just spent on laundry, or the equivalent of 37 – 50 full-time days of work.
What’s that time worth to you? What could you be doing instead? If you pay yourself $10 an hour, you’re losing $3,000 a year when you DIY your laundry.
Oh, and don’t forget about the costs of maintaining and using a washer and dryer at home:
- If you rent a washer and dryer from your apartment complex, that adds $100 – $200 to your rent every month.
- You need to spend about $20 a month just on detergents.
- You’re still paying for energy and water every time you do laundry at home, which is at least $115 a year.
- If you bought a washer and dryer for your home, you probably paid $1,500 for them brand-new.
While there are costs associated with laundry delivery services, you’re still spending a lot of money when you do laundry yourself. If you’re a parent who’s stretched thin, elderly, a busy professional, or a person with disabilities, it’s often more economical to outsource your laundry to save both time and money.
4 Benefits of Laundry Delivery
Still not sure if delivery is the best way to do laundry in Orlando? Consider the other benefits of a laundry delivery service:
- Expert washing: Got a funky smell in your washer? Or stains that won’t go away? Home-washed clothes can get smelly, even when you wash them frequently. The Laundry Room’s pro team knows how to handle the funk so your clothes actually smell good and come out of the wash ready for wearing.
- Quality detergents: We don’t use subpar detergents for your clothes. Instead of buying the bottom-shelf detergent at the grocery store, let our team wash your clothes with the best detergents in the biz. You can even add special requests if you want a specific brand!
- Convenience: Do you really want to put pants on, go to the laundromat, and clean your clothes? Or waste your weeknights doing laundry at home? The biggest benefit of a laundry delivery service is the convenience of pickup and dropoff. Let our team worry about keeping you clean while you wind down with a quarantini.
- Safety: How clean is your home washer and dryer actually getting your clothes and masks? Our commercial machines heat your clothes at a higher temperature, ensuring your clothes are properly sanitized. If you’re a nurse or have a child attending school in-person, laundry delivery is a safe, contact-free way to keep your clothes sanitized.
The bottom line
Remember, you get what you pay for. You can always look for a bargain-bin laundry service, but know what you get for the money. Sometimes a service might cost a little bit more, but give you way more for the money. You are planning on putting these clothes on your skin – you should trust the best rated laundry service in Orlando to do it for you!
Let The Laundry Room deal with your weekly wash. We’re more than happy to guide you through the process if this is your first time getting laundry delivery. Schedule your first pickup online now.